When we talk about the Nissan Leaf, most of us would think that this is your standard compact electric car that is going to get better in terms of specifications down the road with the introduction of newer models, but would the idea of a truck inspired by the Nissan Leaf ever cross your mind? I thought not – it did not happen to me either, but reality says otherwise as a trio of new Nissan trucks that are based on the ATLAS F24 model will be appearing at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Truck Show later this week.
One out of the three will boast parts of the same EV powertrain which gets the Nissan Leaf up and moving about, now how about that? All three will be part of Nissan’s Light Commercial Vehicles range, where the e-NT400 ATLAS that you see above is an all-electric charge with a range of 62 miles (according to the JC08 test cycle), thanks to a “a high-output, high-capacity lithium ion battery.”
No idea on how much these will cost when they hit the market, and will they ever make their way Stateside?
- 2014-04-17: Nissan Offers Free And Easy Charging For LEAF Cars
- 2014-03-03: Nissan's Smart Rearview Mirror Relies On Cameras
- 2014-03-03: Nissan LEAF Battery Survives Abuse In Video
- 2014-01-27: Nissan ZEOD RC Fuel Engine Might Be Small, But It Has a Fierce Bite
- 2014-01-15: Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke