Are you one of the rare few left who own a Nokia handset simply out of brand loyalty? Well, we are pleased to bring you word that the beleaguered Finnish phone manufacturer is working on delivering the Symbian Anna update on an official basis to the US to the following smartphones – the Nokia C6-01, E7 and N8.
Better late than never as they say, and we do not argue with that as the Symbian Anna update comes more than a couple of months after it was introduced to the rest of the world. Who says that living in the US will net you the latest and greatest technology always? Expect a gamut of changes such as a far spiffier user interface, a new on-screen QWERTY keypad, a spanking new browser experience, better Maps, new versions of the Ovi Store and QuickOffice, as well as the standard bunch of “performance and usability improvements” that one can expect in any self-respecting update.
Next Story: Augmented Hyper Reality Glove
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2011-08-18: Symbian Anna update is now official
- 2011-08-17: Symbian Anna download leaked to N8 owners
- 2011-08-11: Symbian Anna given more video previews
- 2011-07-13: Symbian Anna optional software update now available?
- 2011-06-21: Symbian Anna available for download in July