Most Windows Phone devices received the Mango (Windows Phone 7.5) update over the past few weeks, and while most of the apps available on the system had changes, the Facebook app remained the same. Well, we’ve got some good news for you today – the Mango update for the official Windows Phone Facebook app has been released.
The new update brings the app up to version 2.2 and gives users the ability to pin elements such as messages, events, newsfeed and photos directly onto your homescreen, tile notifications for events, friend requests, getting tagged etc, and performance improvements. You still can’t “Like” posts, which will probably irk some people. But let’s hope it doesn’t take too long to be implemented on the app. Head over to the Windows Marketplace to download the app now.
Next Story: AT&T diversifies portfolio with E39 shirt
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-08: Mom Checks Son's Facebook, Saves Him From Getting Shot
- 2011-11-30: AT&T Dell Venue Pro Mango update finally arrives
- 2011-11-09: HTC TITAN arrives on AT&T later this month
- 2011-10-28: Windows Phone Mango heads for virtually all devices
- 2011-10-26: Nokia Lumia 800 specs (official)
- 2011-10-24: HTC Radar 4G arrives next week