Here is a little bit of an interesting snippet – a report from website theunderstatement.com decided to take the historical numbers that Google publicly announced for Android activations per day, and projected that when October 20th rolls around, the number should stand at around 1,000,000 activations daily – assuming, of course, the pace of growth had remained constant when Google posted their 2nd quarter results.
According to theunderstatement.com’s writer Michael Degusta, “It took 29 weeks for activations per day to go from 100,000 to 300,000 – an increase of 200,000. After that, the next increase of 200,000 took… another 29 weeks. So from May 2010 til June 2011 there didn’t seem to be a compounding growth curve, rather the number seemed to increase fairly linearly at roughly 7,000 per week. Clearly that must have started increasing rapidly ahead of Rubin’s tweet in order to reach the 22,000 / 4.4% number.”
How does that sound to you – is the march of the Androids about to overwhelm the world?
Next Story: Scosche RDTX and HRDTX radiation detectors
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2011-12-27: 3.7 million Android devices activated this Christmas
- 2011-12-21: Over 700,000 Android devices activated daily
- 2011-07-15: Over 130 million devices worldwide run Android
- 2011-06-28: Google activates 500,000 Android devices daily