Want to know what the PlayStation Vita is going to look like when you see it in retail outlets in the future? Well you’re in luck today because the folks over at Sony have decided to release a picture of what the final packaging for the PlayStation Vita will look like. The portable gaming console will be released in Japan later this year, on December 17th.
In addition to the box art for the Vita, Sony also revealed the apps that will come preinstalled on it. There will be Welcome Park (a collection of mini games that introduces each feature of the Vita), Party (instant messaging/voice chat client for chatting with your Vita buddies), PlayStation Store, Group Messaging (for chatting with friends on the PSN i.e. PSP and PS3), Photos, Near (a location based gaming network), Trophies (check your Trophies and compare with your friends), Music, Friends, and lastly –Internet Browser.
It sure looks like you’ll have plenty to do with your Vita even if you don’t have games. Still no word on an official release date for the US, but we’ll keep you posted.RELATED
- Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls' Next Wave Of Beta Invites Are Going Out
- Microsoft Xbox Rumored For China Launch In September 2014
- Namco Bandai Announces Tales Of Zestiria Headed To PS3
- Korean StarCraft 2 Player Receives Pro-Athlete Visa
- Stop-Motion Mario Kart Video Is Extremely Impressive
- Follow: playstation vita, Sony, vita,
- Seen at: blog.eu.playstation