If speed is what you’re looking for in a hard disk, you would know that Solid State Drives (SSDs) are your best bet, especially if cost isn’t a problem to you. Well, Plextor has just announced the launch of its M2P SSD – a drive that is capable of random read/write speeds of 70,000/65,000 IOPS and sequential read/write speeds up to 500 Mb/s and 440 Mb/s which makes it one fast SSD, if not one of the fastest available on the market.
The Plextor M2P is also said to keep a high level of sustained performance even after extensive usage and long periods of operation. It is powered by a server grade Marvell 88SS9174 controller chip supporting a SATA III 6GB/s interface and Toshiba NAND flash. It also features Plextor’s True Speed technology, and exclusive firmware: Instant Restore, Global Wear Leveling and Bad Block Management.
The Plextor M2P SSDs will be available later this month, and can be purchased from the Plextor online store. They will be available in 128GB (PX-128M2P, $239) and 256GB versions (PX-256M2P, $449). No mention on how many of these limited edition drives will be made/sold though.
Next Story: Scientists develop wireless brakes for bicycles
- 2014-04-23 Toshiba Canvio AeroMobile Wireless SSD Announced
- 2014-04-07 Intel 730 SSD Review (480GB)
- 2013-12-09 Samsung Unveils 1TB mSATA SSD
- 2013-10-18 Apple Warns Of SSD Failures In MacBook Air
- 2013-10-11 Samsung SSD EVO 250GB And 750GB Review
- 2011-11-25 Kingston predicts rise in SSD adoption in 2012
- 2011-11-18 Plextor M3S SSD comes with 5-year warranty
- 2011-08-25 OWC Mercury 6G SSDs are fast and cheap
- 2011-08-08 ZIF SSD upgrade kits from Active Media Products
- 2011-08-02 Samsung 470 SSD now with Norton Ghost