Smartphones these days are powerful enough to act as a wireless hotspot, and this is also partly due to the widening of data pipes for mobile devices. Well, the latest 4G craze has just taken a new twist, coming in the form of a portable LTE box, thanks to the efforts of BTS and Radisys who recently demonstrated their CoreTx and Trillium products that might just deliver 4G connectivity to just about anywhere where there is a signal, never mind if you are in the middle of a war zone or disaster area.
Right now, BTS already offers 3G connectivity in select areas of Afghanistan, where the company is looking into furnishing this system with an upgrade so that it can support both LTE and HSPA+ in the future. I do wonder about the cost though…[Press Release]RELATED
- NAVIGATE Jacket Uses LEDs, Haptic Feedback To Help Direct Its Wearer
- LG Reportedly Shifting Focus From Smartphones To TVs
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Amber Alert GPS Now Available For $129.99 To AT&T Customers
- ShutterBall Helps You Take Just The Right Selfie With Your iPhone
- Follow: 4g, 4g lte, lte,