Qualcomm and their Snapdragon processors have certainly made quite a splash in the market for some time now, with many an Android-powered smartphone running on a Qualcomm processor inside. Well, one of their upcoming processors is known as the Snapdragon S4, where it is touted to be the world’s first mobile system-on-a-chip (SoC) that was built on 28nm process technology while boasting a fully integrated LTE multimode modem. Sounds like quite a bundle on something relatively small, no?
With 28nm process technology, this makes it far smaller than it should be without sacrificing on performance while improving power consumption at the same time. It is also the first Mobile CPU that relies on the latest extensions to the ARM ISA. In addition, you will also find high performance programmable Adreno GPUs in action that is said to deliver quality video and console quality gaming on the go.
In a nutshell, the Snapdragon S4 MSM9860 will comprise of Qualcomm’s custom Krait CPU core, Adreno 225 GPU, LTE world modem, and Hexagon DSPs. I wonder when will devices that feature the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 hit the market.
- 2014-04-07: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 And 808 Announced
- 2014-03-24: OnePlus One Will Tout Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-02-25: Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3
- 2014-02-24: Nexus 6 Relies On 64-bit 8-Core Snapdragon 810 (Rumor)
- 2013-08-06: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Always-On Voice Recognition
- 2013-06-19: LG G-Series Smartphones To Get Snapdragon 800
- 2013-04-28: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Mass Production Begins Next Month
- 2013-02-20: Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 200 And 400 Chipset