Qualcomm and their Snapdragon processors have certainly made quite a splash in the market for some time now, with many an Android-powered smartphone running on a Qualcomm processor inside. Well, one of their upcoming processors is known as the Snapdragon S4, where it is touted to be the world’s first mobile system-on-a-chip (SoC) that was built on 28nm process technology while boasting a fully integrated LTE multimode modem. Sounds like quite a bundle on something relatively small, no?
With 28nm process technology, this makes it far smaller than it should be without sacrificing on performance while improving power consumption at the same time. It is also the first Mobile CPU that relies on the latest extensions to the ARM ISA. In addition, you will also find high performance programmable Adreno GPUs in action that is said to deliver quality video and console quality gaming on the go.
In a nutshell, the Snapdragon S4 MSM9860 will comprise of Qualcomm’s custom Krait CPU core, Adreno 225 GPU, LTE world modem, and Hexagon DSPs. I wonder when will devices that feature the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 hit the market.RELATED
- Let Your Favorite Tunes Wake You Up With Pandora For iOS
- Motorola Unveils Holiday Boot Screen Animation For Moto X And Moto G
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Receives Snapdragon 800 Chipset
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Starts To Appear On Different Nexus Devices (Unofficial)
- KitKat Devices Feature Android Menu Button By Default
- Follow: qualcomm, snapdragon, snapdragon s4,
- Seen at: androidandme