RAGE is finally here. After years of work on the game, id Software’s latest game (that isn’t a rehash of an old franchise) is now available for purchase digitally and in stores. Available for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, RAGE is the first game to use id Software’s new OpenGL based id Tech 5 engine. Set in a post-apocalyptic world, RAGE tells the story of a survivor a meteorite impact in a strange world populated by bloodthirsty mutants.
RAGE will feature regular FPS gameplay with some RPG elements as well as car racing. Judging by video footage I’ve seen so far, and reviews I’ve read, it looks like Bethesda/id Software have another winner on their hands. However, the PC version has been noted to be plagued with problems, so PC gamers might want to hold out for patches before playing the game. For those of you who got it today – what do you think of it so far? Let us know in the comments below.
- 2013-08-05: Rage Franchise Is Not Dead, According To Creative Director
- 2012-02-02: RAGE: Campaign Edition arrives for Macs
- 2011-10-04: RAGE released today
- 2011-09-29: RAGE – Jackal Canyon gameplay video footage looks fantastic
- 2011-09-26: Rage installation options for Xbox 360, PS3 revealed
- 2011-09-16: RAGE TV spot released
- 2011-09-07: RAGE PC system requirements revealed
- 2011-06-10: Id Software's Rage to be delayed