I used to think that portable digital projectors would be the next big thing, but I am mistaken as the particularly niche market did not really take off as intended. Still, there seems to be enough sales volume to keep it going, and Ricoh clearly intends to fly the digital projector flag high by announcing their most recent entry with a range of portable projectors that are touted to deliver ‘low weight, brilliant image quality, and optional advanced, model-specific networking capabilities”.
The models from the Ricoh PJ Series in question comprise of the PJ X3131, PJ WX3231N, PJ WX3131, PJ X3241N and PJ X3241, and these are definitely a step up from what we’ve seen in the past considering the prices start from $800 onwards, going all the way to $1,200.
All 5 models will sport a minimum brightness rating of at least 2,500 lumens, XGA or WXGA resolution, and 3LCD color clarity. Not only that, the PJ WX3231N and PJ X3241N projectors will also come with advanced networking capabilities, having it play nice with local wired and wireless networks. This is something I might not want to carry around with me considering the propensity to lose things, but do you think a tablet would be the more favorable option to do presentations (1:1) on the move? [Press Release]
Next Story: FCC wants GPS connectivity in all phones by 2018
- 2014-03-18: Smart Phone Projector Looks Corny But Works As Intended
- 2014-01-09: Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector: Hands-On
- 2013-10-07: Piano Projector Makes Learning How To Play As Easy As Rock Band
- 2013-09-26: Sony Announces New Projectors At CEDIA 2013
- 2013-08-16: EPICT EPP-100 Projector Is Android-Powered
- 2011-11-09: LG 3D projector for your living room
- 2011-11-08: Dell M110 Ultra Mobile Projector introduced
- 2011-11-07: ViewSonic PJD6 Series DLP projector range announced
- 2011-11-03: Sanyo and eInstruction offers interactive teaching solution
- 2011-09-14: Epson MegaPlex projectors target iDevices