Earlier this week, RIM announced that it will be offering over $100 worth of free apps to its BlackBerry customers for last week’s global service outage? Well, RIM has just put the first premium app up for grabs. From developers iSpeech; DriveSafe.ly Pro is an app that attempts to make it safer to use your BlackBerry phone while driving at the same time. Granted it’s not the right thing to do, but sometimes it’s unavoidable and in those situations DriveSafe.ly attempts to alleviate the danger by reading your text messages to you.
But DriveSafe.ly does more than just dictate your messages – it allows you to send text responses by voice and use other voice commands such as replaying the message or calling back the sender. Voice controls mean that you can keep your hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road while you’re listening to or replying messages at the same time. DriveSafe.ly 2.0 Pro normally costs $19.99 and it wasn’t mentioned for how long the giveaway will last, but if I were you I’d grab it as soon as possible.
With this DriveSafe.ly giveaway, hopefully RIM can help decrease road accidents without having to go through another outage. All the premium BlackBerry apps that RIM will be giving away will take place over the next four weeks, so keep your eyes peeled.RELATED
- Twitter Updates iOS, Android Apps To Send Photos Through Direct Messages
- Androidify App Revamped Ahead Of The Holidays
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- ASUS PadFone Mini Is Now Official
- AT&T CEO Doesn't Believe They Can Keep Doing Huge Device Subsidies In The Future
- Follow: app, blackberry, blackberry outage, outage, RIM,