Earlier this week, RIM announced that it will be offering over $100 worth of free apps to its BlackBerry customers for last week’s global service outage? Well, RIM has just put the first premium app up for grabs. From developers iSpeech; DriveSafe.ly Pro is an app that attempts to make it safer to use your BlackBerry phone while driving at the same time. Granted it’s not the right thing to do, but sometimes it’s unavoidable and in those situations DriveSafe.ly attempts to alleviate the danger by reading your text messages to you.
But DriveSafe.ly does more than just dictate your messages – it allows you to send text responses by voice and use other voice commands such as replaying the message or calling back the sender. Voice controls mean that you can keep your hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road while you’re listening to or replying messages at the same time. DriveSafe.ly 2.0 Pro normally costs $19.99 and it wasn’t mentioned for how long the giveaway will last, but if I were you I’d grab it as soon as possible.
With this DriveSafe.ly giveaway, hopefully RIM can help decrease road accidents without having to go through another outage. All the premium BlackBerry apps that RIM will be giving away will take place over the next four weeks, so keep your eyes peeled.
Next Story: ASUS Transformer teaser movie released
- 2013-07-11: Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04: BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Announced
- 2012-07-26: BlackBerry 10 gets a fancy photo editor
- 2011-10-13: RIM: BlackBerry services restored globally
- 2011-10-13: RIM Founder/CEO apologizes for BlackBerry outage [Video]
- 2011-10-13: Update from RIM about the BlackBerry service outage
- 2011-10-12: Worldwide BlackBerry services restored stage-by-stage