Rovi has teamed up with Asus to deliver DivX Plus HD-certified devices in the form of Asus 3D Blu-ray players that will be introduced in Asia first, namely Taiwan, Europe and mainland China. DivX Plus HD is the premium level of DivX Certification, where it will be integrated into Asus’ new high-end O!Play 3D Blu-ray/HD Media Players, namely the Asus BDS-700 and BDS-500.
These Asus players will do their bit to further expand Rovi’s broad global ecosystem, where currently over 500 million devices equipped with DivX technology have already shipped worldwide in order to enable consumers to access and enjoy the wide range of Internet and Hollywood video entertainment in the DivX format in a jiffy.
Both 3D Blu-ray players were recently introduced at CeBIT 2011, where you will find dual HDMI and USB ports in terms of connectivity, not to mention a customized, user-friendly interface, a smartphone remote control, and gold-plated terminals. There is no word on pricing details as at press time.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2011-10-12: Rovi integrate DivX Plus HD in high-end Blu-ray disc players
- 2011-09-01: DivX Plus Streaming Reaches Connected Devices
- 2011-06-22: LG To Expand DivX Usage in New Products Categories
- 2011-02-16: Renesas Mobile SH73704 is the world’s first DivX Plus HD certified System-on-Chip
- 2010-06-02: Sonic To Acquire DivX At $323 Million