As most of you are probably aware by now, some of Samsung’s products are being accused on infringing upon Apple’s patents, and that the South Korean company had copied Apple’s product designs, namely the iPhone and the iPad, which has resulted in some of Samsung’s products being banned from selling in certain countries. If you were worried that Samsung’s latest handset, the Galaxy Nexus, could very well end up seeing a similar ban, fret not as Samsung has deliberately designed the Galaxy Nexus in such a way that they are sure it does not infringe upon Apple’s patents.
According to Samsung’s mobile chief, Shin Jong-Kyan, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus was designed to bypass Apple’s patents and further legal disputes, and that the company is doing everything they can to avoid infringing upon Apple’s patents. Granted that since Apple, like many other tech companies, probably has a ton of patents under their belt, it will be hard to identify every single one, but for now Samsung has taken the first step in avoiding that the Galaxy Nexus has not infringed upon any of Apple’s known patents.
Those particular patents are unknown at this point, but despite Samsung who may or may not be at fault for allegedly infringing upon Apple’s patents, it’s good to know that the company has taken measures to ensure that additional lawsuits and long drawn out legal battles will not occur again, at least as far as the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is concerned.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2012-07-03 Samsung and Google reportedly planning to release software patch to keep Galaxy Nexus
- 2012-07-03 Samsung fails to prevent US tablet sales ban
- 2012-06-29 Apple granted preliminary injunction against Samsung's Galaxy Nexus
- 2011-12-23 Samsung hits back at Apple in Germany
- 2011-10-20 Samsung Galaxy Nexus wasn't designed specifically to avoid Apple patents