Back in May, Samsung unveiled a tablet friendly PenTile display that measured 10.1” and managed to achieve a whopping resolution of 2560×1600, a resolution normally reserved for larger and more high-end monitors. It looks like Samsung is back again with yet another 10.1” display that they showed off during FPD International in Yokohama, Japan.
Much like Samsung’s previous display, this too will sport a resolution of 2560×1600, but this time using an IGZO TFT oxide semiconductor, with power consumption of the panel excluding its backlight at 26mW. Its brightness is measured at 300cd/m2 with its contrast ratio at 500:1, and color gamut is said to be greater than 70% for NTSC.
No word on when Samsung plans to put this particular display into production or when we will expect to see it make its way into future commercial products, but the PenTile display which we mentioned earlier is expected to go into production in 2012 at the earliest.RELATED
- Power Practical Announces PowerPot X And PowerPot XL
- Digital Foci Announces Picture Porter Advanced
- Palette Is A Set Of Modular Controls For The Working Professional
- RUNSAFER Shoes Let You Know You’re Doing It Right (Or Wrong)
- Google Glass With Prescription Glass Spotted
- Follow: display, Samsung, Tablet,
- Seen at: geek