That Verizon Wireless is ready and waiting to roll out the Samsung Stratosphere is no secret, but many of its specifications have remained under the “Rumors” category – at least until now. This QWERTY slider keyboard smartphone that will also boast LTE support will sport a standard 4″ Super AMOLED display with WVGA resolution, what is most probably a single-core 1GHz processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB of internal memory as well as a microSD memory card slot to help you expand on that if the need arises.
Nice to know that Verizon has also thrown in a 4GB microSD card that’s pre-installed to get you started right out of the box, and the Samsung Stratosphere holds the distinction of being the first LTE handsets from Verizon that will sport a Micro SIM slot instead of the traditional offering.
Other hardware specifications seem to point towards a 5-megapixel shooter at the back alongside a 1.3-megapixel camera upfront for you to make video calls, with an LED flash to help you snap photos in low light conditions. Forget about HD video recording though since this maxes out at 480p. With Android 2.3 Gingerbread installed, you need not look desperately on the horizon for a software update yet.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2011-11-23: Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon confirmed for December launch
- 2011-10-10: Verizon announces Samsung Stratosphere
- 2011-09-06: Samsung Stratosphere arrives at the FCC
- 2011-09-06: Samsung Stratosphere is Epic 4G LTE handset
- 2011-08-02: Verizon to out Samsung Stratosphere?