If you’re a fan of collecting souvenirs from events, performances or concerts, come the London 2012 Olympic games, you will be able to get your hands on a Samsung device which they’re touting to be an “iconic” Olympic phone. This will be in conjunction with Visa who will be providing the mobile payment services via NFC that will come with the phone.
No word on what the device will be named or its hardware specs, but considering that this phone will probably focus more on content and its Olympic status, safe to say we don’t expect a phone with hardware specs that will blow our mind. At the moment all that is known about the phone is that it will feature NFC capabilities, special Olympic content and will be made available throughout the world and not be limited to the UK market.
Not wanting to leave out current phones with NFC in them, Visa is reportedly working to make sure that whatever NFC features the Olympic phone will have access to, will similarly be available to other NFC phone users as well. Apparently this will have something to do with microSD card slots, but like we said, details remain uncertain for now, although we expect more details to surface over time as the London 2012 Olympic date gets closer.RELATED
- Motorola Droid MAXX Review
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition Released
- Ubuntu Touch OS Finally Has Its First Smartphone Partner
- Galaxy S5 And Galaxy Note 4 Might Have PLS LCD Displays
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- Follow: london 2012 olympics, mobile payments, NFC, olympics, Samsung, visa,
- Seen at: pocket-lint