The next time you check out a vending machine or a refrigerator, you might be surprised to see that the see-through panels are more than just transparent – in fact, they have been equipped to be able to display all sorts of information for you, the dear customer. Both Samsung and AU Optronics did put on display their see-through displays at FPD International 2011, where the latter exhibited both see-through LCD and OLED displays, while Samsung and LG Display decided to take the route of see-through LCD displays instead. All three companies actually demonstrated their displays with real world applications so that we have a more concrete idea on how they will be implemented.
Take for instance, AUO’s 65″ and 6″ displays at 1,920 x 1,080 and 400 x 300 resolutions, respectively, these transparent areas do not have color filters so that the transmittance of the panel can be increased to 15% or more. The trade show saw the company demonstrate the LCD panel as the front of a vending machine.
Samsung’s exhibition of a 46″ 1,920 x 1,080-pixel LCD panel and a 22″ 1,366 x 768-pixel LCD panel also saw them being part of a refrigerator’s glass door as well as a see-through TV panel. Things are really going to end up being a whole lot sexier down the road, don’t you think so?
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-03-20: LG G Pro 2 Priced Cheaper Than Galaxy S5 In Taiwan
- 2014-03-19: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-03: LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- 2014-02-28: Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- 2014-02-11: Samsung, LG, SK Locked In Auto Battery Fight