[CEATEC 2011] If you think that you have it good in your living room at the moment, think again. Sharp’s got some eye popping visuals coming your way thanks to a 8K4K TV that is capable of rolling out stunning images as you can see for yourself above – and what we’ve seen at CEATEC so far has clearly blown our eyes away.
This 60″ 4K TV was developed alongside folks over at the I3 (I-cubed) Research Center in Kawasaki, and while it will not boast the size that ship with the 85″ monster with Super Hi-Vision resolution (7,680 × 4,320 pixels) that Sharp showcased in May earlier this year, at least there is a sales date attached to the 8K4K TV – albeit a rather vague one.
Unsurprisingly, it will arrive sometime in 2012 with Japan as its first market – no idea on when the rest of the world will receive it. You might have a TV that has the potential that far outweighs what stations offer in their programs at the moment, making this a truly future-proof idiot box for years to come – if you can afford it, that is.
Next Story: LG Optimus LTE officially launched in Korea
- 2014-04-07 Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh Packed To The Brim With Features
- 2014-03-06 New Sharp Aquos TVs Go On Sale In The US
- 2014-01-22 Sharp Introduces Aquos Mini SHL24
- 2014-01-16 Sharp Announces 15.6" Windows 8.1 Tablet
- 2014-01-06 Sharp Unveils New 8K Television Systems
- 2013-10-02 Sharp Smart/Sweet Home
- 2013-10-02 Sony 56-inch 4K OLED Prototype
- 2013-10-02 Mitsubishi 4K LaserVue LCD TV
- 2011-10-04 Sharp TVs go wireless, even waif-like models can carry it
- 2011-10-04 Sharp makes attempt at mega power plant