When the iPhone 4S was announced, while the hardware specs may not have blown every away, what did capture everyone’s attention and has been the talk of the town is Siri, Apple’s voice assistant. Based on the demonstration given during the announcement, Siri lets users do searches, book restaurants, set reminders, etc and is one of the features boasted on Apple’s iPhone website.
Oddly enough if you were to check out other Apple websites, such as Apple Singapore, you will realize that the Siri feature is not listed, and not surprisingly so especially since those features demonstrated (such as local searches and restaurant bookings) during the announcement was made for the US market only.
However fret not, with Siri being one of the key features exclusive to the iPhone 4S, Apple has not forgotten about their international customers, and according to the Siri FAQ, international users can expect local maps and local search support to start arriving some time in 2012.RELATED
- Activists Target iPhone 5C Supplier Pegatron After 15-Year-Old Worker's Death
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours
- Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- Apple Including U.S. In '12 Days Of Gifts' Giveaway App
- Follow: Apple Inc, international, iPhone 4S, maps, siri,
- Seen at: macrumors