If you’re the owner of a Sony Ericsson Xperia device we’ve got some good news for you. Sony Ericsson has just announced on its official blog that the Android 2.3.4 update that it released last month in the Nordic Countries is now available to the rest of the world. The Gingerbread update introduces a lot of new features to the phone, so it’s definitely not something you want to miss out on.
In addition to the usual bug fixes, the Android 2.3.4 update introduces Google Talk with Video Chat (for smartphones with front facing cameras), Updated Facebook-Xperia integration, 3D Sweep Panorama, 16x video zoom, Sony Ericsson LiveDock compatibility, Gesture input, WiFi DLNA and Screen Capture. The phones receiving the update will be the Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia ray, Xperia active, Xperia neo V, Xperia arc S and the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman.
The update will take awhile before it reaches everybody, so be patient if you don’t get it right away. But if you do get the update, let us know how it goes. As usual, backup your phone before performing any updates – you never know what can go wrong.
Next Story: Google Business Photos shows you store interiors
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2011-11-03: LG Optimus 2X finally gets the Gingerbread update
- 2011-08-25: Sony Ericsson announces Android Gingerbread update for Xperia range
- 2011-04-04: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro: caught in the wild again
- 2011-02-13: Sony Ericsson unveils the Xperia neo
- 2011-01-26: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (PlayStation Phone) given an in-depth preview