Since companies can’t possibly stop making products just to make the world a better place, they can try to make things better by improving their packaging and making their products easy to dispose of. Well Sony Electronics took it a step further today by announcing the launch of its new Trade-In & Recycling website. The website is designed to help consumers find the best way to trade-in or recycle both eligible Sony and non-Sony products for credit towards the latest Sony electronics products.The trade-in and recycling website will feature a drop-off center locator that helps consumers find the nearest participating recycling center to drop off electronics, and for those who live more than 25 miles away from a drop center, Sony will be providing free shipping and recycling for products that weigh less than 25lbs.
Talk about a win-win situation. Users get to do their part for the world, and in return they get credit to help them make their next purchase. Sony on the other hand will be seen as encouraging consumers to live greener lives.
Next Story: Droid RAZR: "Impossibly Thin"+LTE
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2011-05-12: Retail stores see increased PS3 trade-ins for Xbox 360 as PSN outage continues
- 2009-11-16: Sony offers e-reader trade in