Since companies can’t possibly stop making products just to make the world a better place, they can try to make things better by improving their packaging and making their products easy to dispose of. Well Sony Electronics took it a step further today by announcing the launch of its new Trade-In & Recycling website. The website is designed to help consumers find the best way to trade-in or recycle both eligible Sony and non-Sony products for credit towards the latest Sony electronics products.The trade-in and recycling website will feature a drop-off center locator that helps consumers find the nearest participating recycling center to drop off electronics, and for those who live more than 25 miles away from a drop center, Sony will be providing free shipping and recycling for products that weigh less than 25lbs.
Talk about a win-win situation. Users get to do their part for the world, and in return they get credit to help them make their next purchase. Sony on the other hand will be seen as encouraging consumers to live greener lives.RELATED
- Nokia's New Video Highlights How The Lumia 1520 Was Made Using Recycled CDs
- Fairphone To Start Shipping Later This Month
- Luna Ring Harvests Solar Energy On Moon For Use On Earth
- Shama-Shades Are Solar-Powered Sunnies
- Woosh Water Station Takes A Second Look At Drinking Fountain
- Follow: recycling, Sony, trade in,