Boxee has launched a Spotify app which is now available in nine countries. As of late, Facebook was getting all the Spotify love, but it’s great to see that Boxee users can stream music directly from Boxee Box (read our review) and on Boxee for PC/Mac/Linux as well.
Spotify has started as a European online music company whose goal was to allow free access to music, and enable social music discovery. It has recently launched in the USA, and is currently enjoying rapid growth. Although it is free, all the features can be unlocked with Spotify Premium, a $9.99 monthly subscription plan that allows offline playback. Those who are just fine with the online streaming can opt for the $4.99/mo plan.
- 2014-04-13 Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-03-27 Spotify IPO Expected This Fall
- 2014-03-25 Spotify Premium Is Now 50% Cheaper For US College Students
- 2014-03-24 Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-23 Apple Spotify Rival Release Possible [Report]
- 2013-12-06 Free, Ad-Supported Spotify For Mobile Rumored To Launch Next Week
- 2013-04-09 Spotify Rolling Out 'Follow' Tab To Desktop App Users
- 2013-02-27 Spotify Gradually Rolling Out New Social Network Features
- 2012-12-12 CataCombo Unites Streaming Music With A Coffin For $30k Of Afterlife Awesomeness
- 2012-12-11 Spotify Rival In The Works