BlackBerry Bold 9900 users on T-Mobile: we’ve got some good news for you. The carrier has been reported as having plans to push out an update that enables WiFi calling on the phone. The service which is currently available on some of T-Mobile’s Android phones, will allow users to make phone calls to regular numbers over WiFi. This is perfect for folks who have terrible coverage where they live or work at, as this free service will now let them make good quality calls just as long as they have a stable WiFi connection (which is usually easier to get than a regular cell tower signal in some places).
No word on whether other BlackBerry devices will be receiving the update, but the BlackBerry Bold 9900 will have the WiFi calling update pushed out to it sometime in November. Hooray for BlackBerry users on T-Mobile.
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Optimistic That Handset Business Will Be Profitable By 2015
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Will Be Officially Known As The BlackBerry Classic
- 2012-01-03: BlackBerry Porsche P'9981 available for pre-order now
- 2011-12-27: BlackBerry Porsche P'9981 theme on your Bold 9900/9930
- 2011-09-01: BlackBerry Bold 9900 4G arrives on T-Mobile
- 2011-08-17: T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9900 confirmed
- 2009-11-15: BlackBerry Bold 9700 On T-Mobile Monday