BlackBerry Bold 9900 users on T-Mobile: we’ve got some good news for you. The carrier has been reported as having plans to push out an update that enables WiFi calling on the phone. The service which is currently available on some of T-Mobile’s Android phones, will allow users to make phone calls to regular numbers over WiFi. This is perfect for folks who have terrible coverage where they live or work at, as this free service will now let them make good quality calls just as long as they have a stable WiFi connection (which is usually easier to get than a regular cell tower signal in some places).
No word on whether other BlackBerry devices will be receiving the update, but the BlackBerry Bold 9900 will have the WiFi calling update pushed out to it sometime in November. Hooray for BlackBerry users on T-Mobile.RELATED
- Oppo Teases Find 7 As "Coming Soon"
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Reportedly Enters Production
- Samsung Loses iOS Embargo And Request For Damages In South Korea
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Follow: blackberry, blackberry bold, RIM, t-mobile,
- Seen at: blogs.cio