So we know that T-Mobile will not be getting the next-generation iPhone, and for T-Mobile subscribers still hoping for a last minute surprise, hopefully this leaked internal memo will put those doubts to rest.
Obviously with all the fuss and hype surrounding the iPhone, and granted that not all of T-Mobile’s customers are informed that they will not be carrying the iPhone, T-Mobile is now prepping their staff for the onslaught of iPhone enquiries, which they have instructed their frontliners and leaders to steer the conversation towards T-Mobile’s Android offerings and their 4G (HSPA+) network.
“…engage in informative conversations with our customers. These conversations will include many details about T-Mobile Android phones and why our quality 4G nationwide network is a smarter choice for many customers. Use every opportunity to engage the customer, ask lifestyle questions and transition the conversation into ‘Why T-Mobile.’”
With a wide selection of Android handsets under their belt, especially with T-Mobile’s upcoming Samsung Galaxy S2 that will utilize the carrier’s 42Mbps 4G HSPA+ network, T-Mobile is hoping that those offerings will be enough to convince potential/existing customers to sign up and keep using their network. We’re not sure if T-Mobile will be successful with this new strategy, but we can’t blame them for trying, especially if they will be the only major carrier in the US not to carry the next-generation iPhone.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- Apple Expected To Sell 175 Million iPhones In Fiscal 2014
- Samsung Loses iOS Embargo And Request For Damages In South Korea
- Activists Target iPhone 5C Supplier Pegatron After 15-Year-Old Worker's Death
- Follow: 4g, Android, HSPA+, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, leak, t-mobile,
- Seen at: tmonews