According to Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk, their upcoming dream ride, the Tesla Model S sedan will be quicker off the blocks compared to a Porsche 911 Carrera – and that’s saying a whole lot for the company that has rolled out credible electric vehicles in the supercar performance category in the form of the Roadster and Roadster Sport. Its latest Model S electric sedan is currently in beta testing, where it will come in a trio of trim levels that deliver a driving range of 120 miles, 230 miles, and 300 miles respectively.
There will be a stock Model S that can reach 60 mph in just 5.6 seconds which is already fast by most standards, while the performance model is even zippier by taking no more than 4.5 seconds. We can’t wait to know what kind of driving range the performance model will come with.
Tesla Motors is also going to be working on aerodynamic wheels which are said to enable a 320 mile range, as tested on the EPA 2 cycle test, putting all the negative words from skeptics to bed (at least according to Tesla Motors’ point of view). Do you think changing the wheels alone are able to deliver another 20 miles to the odometer?
- 2014-04-14 Tesla Model S Owners Hack Own Cars, Discover Ubuntu
- 2014-03-30 Tesla Vehicles Can Be Hacked To Unlock The Car Remotely
- 2014-03-28 Tesla Installs Titanium Shield Under Its Cars To Prevent Battery Fires
- 2014-03-11 New Jersey Bans Tesla’s Direct Sales Model
- 2014-03-06 Tesla Plans Major Supercharger Network Expansion For Europe