It looks like Time Warner Cable is stepping up its game with its video on demand service. The company has just announced that it will be offering films on the same day as their theatrical release as part of its new Movies On Demand Early Screening feature. Talk about convenient! Starting today, TWC subscribers will be able to watch Trespass (opening today) in the comfort of their own homes instead of having to lineup for movie tickets at a cinema. Next week, they’ll be able to enjoy Marginal Call (October 21st). Melancholia (November 11th) is also available now – before its theatrical release next month.
Available in Standard and High Definition, users can access these movies through the Movies On Demand channel and selecting the Early Screening option. I wonder if other companies will be providing similar services in the future. With a nice enough set up at home, it looks like you won’t need to ever visit theaters anymore. No more dealing with annoying cinema-goers who talk in the middle of a show or missing an important scene because of a toilet break. Let’s see what other video on demand services or cinemas have to say about this. What do you think of TWC’s new feature?
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Nest Learning Thermostat Receives A Major Update
- Netatmo's Wireless Thermostat Can Be Controlled From Your Smartphone Anywhere
- Follow: streaming, time warner cable, video,