Toshiba steps to the forefront of news-making headlines yet again by introducing the industry’s highest capacity enterprise small form factor 15k RPM hard drive – in the form of the MK01GRRB/R series. This essentially sees a doubling of capacity where high performance enterprise drives are concerned, in addition to throwing in a self encrypting model that ought to keep a wide spectrum of users happy.
The Toshiba MK01GRRB/R series is said to be able to support the exacting requirements of compute-intensive environments, bringing to the table a 15,000 RPM spin speed, 6Gb/s SAS interface, and top capacity of 300GB. Not onyl that, drive-based encryption will also go some way in assisting companies in the management of their data’s security.
These 2.5″ hard drives will be the third generation, and they are able to leverage an enhanced power condition state which in turn reduces drive spin in idle states, helping drive down power consumption by a significant amount. Expect volume shipments of this drive to happen sometime in Q1 next year. [Press Release]
Next Story: $130 laptops now a reality
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-02-25: Toshiba Launches TransMemory Pro USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- 2011-10-13: Rumor: 5TB Seagate hard drives on their way
- 2011-07-20: Western Digital Scorpio Blue packs quite a punch
- 2011-03-22: Toshiba updates STOR.E external HDD models
- 2010-04-15: Toshiba MK2060GSC small form factor hard drive
- 2010-08-09: Toshiba announced Wipe technology for Toshiba Self-Encrypting Drive models