If you have need for a secondary display for your laptop, maybe one screen for your word processor and the other for your browser while you do your research, Toshiba has just launched a USB-powered secondary monitor for laptops.
The monitor is 14” and will offer a maximum resolution of 1366×768 and will be powered via a USB 2.0 connection to your laptop. This sadly will add some constraints to the output of the monitor, with brightness up to 220 nits, a 400:1 contrast ratio and 16ms response time. Unfortunately it doesn’t get any better should you plug your laptop in to a power source, so we’re guessing that this secondary display is more of something you would take with you on the go, as opposed to it being a dedicated secondary display.
It measures about 1” thick and weighs 795g and will come with a carrying case that can double as a stand. The Toshiba USB monitor doesn’t come cheap and will cost you £150, which we guess is the the price you’re paying for portability and convenience.RELATED
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Man Implants Large Biometric Computer Chip Into His Forearm
- Mimoco BatteryBot Launced On Kickstarter
- Follow: laptop, monitors, toshiba, USB,
- Seen at: pcpro