Toshiba today has announced a new display with a resolution of 2560×1600. Sounds normal, right? Here’s the kicker – all that resolution is packed into a display of 6.1”. Yes, you heard that right, with the size of the display combined with the high resolution, we could be looking photo-quality graphics and it’s about the size of a tablet too!
The Toshiba Mobile Display panels features a display with 498ppi, a 1000:1 contrast ratio and 16.7 million colors. Its viewing angles are 176 degrees both horizontally and vertically, which sounds perfect if this was put into a tablet. While it is currently only capable of displaying 2D images, Toshiba has not ruled out the possibility of creating a 3D version in the future.
The display will be shown off next week by Toshiba, but they are keeping mum on when this display will be put into production. While displays may not be everything when it comes to a tablet (although they do play a big part), with a 6.1” display that crams 2560×1600 resolution into it, that alone is more than enough reason to give Toshiba’s future tablets a look should it ever make it into production.
Next Story: BBC iPlayer app receives AirPlay support
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-02-25: Toshiba Launches TransMemory Pro USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- 2011-11-15: Japan Display Inc: Sony, Hitachi and Toshiba display merger goes through