TRENDnet achieves yet another world’s first – that is, they have already begun to ship their 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless N HD Media Bridge, also known as the TEW-680MB if model numbers are your cup of tea. Since more and more people are starting to stream HD video over the Internet thanks to ever increasing speeds in the data lines, wireless network loading has never been greater.
TRENDnet hopes that their TEW-680MB will be able to deliver the highest wireless connection speeds available at the moment for up to a quartet of media center devices including (but not limited to) media players, gaming consoles, Internet televisions, and NVRs. Basically, it hopes that this thing called ‘lag’ will no longer be part of your everyday life spent streaming HD movies wirelessly.
With Dual Band technology, it will allow you the luxury of choosing whether to connect with the common 2.4 GHz wireless network or over the low interference 5 GHz network. The asking price for this seemingly miraculous device? $169.99 if speed is your game.
Next Story: Google+ updates
- 2011-10-28: TRENDnet ships 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless N HD Media Bridge
- 2011-06-02: TRENDnet 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Media Bridge
- 2011-05-13: TRENDnet launches first 500Mbps Powerline Adapter with Bonus Outlet
- 2011-01-18: TRENDnet 450Mbps Wireless N Gaming Adapter is first in the market
- 2011-01-05: TRENDnet TPL-402E 500Mbps Powerline AV adapter with Bonus Outlet
- 2011-01-04: TRENDnet TEW-692GR 450Mbps concurrent dual band router