Fans of MMA and UFC will be pleased to know that come 1st of December, UFC will be arriving on Xbox Live, which is a subscription based service by Microsoft that offers both multiplayer gaming and digital media content.
This service was announced back in the middle of the year at E3 by UFC President Dana White, but it looks like more details have emerged about the new service. Xbox 360 owners will now be able to watch live and on-demand video in 720p HD quality, along with access to pay-per-view matches.
The new service will be interactive and let you predict fights based on the fighter’s history, compare your result with your friends and there’s even a leaderboard that shows how accurate your predictions and analysis is. Sounds like they just brought betting on the UFC to the Xbox. For those who own the Xbox Kinect, you will now be able to rewind, pause, play and navigate your way through the content through the use of gestures.
With the service launching on the 1st of December, UFC and MMA fans will be able to catch the first UFC 140 fight live on the UFC for Xbox Live come 10th of December, which will feature a match up of Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida and Frank Mir vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.
- NPD: Xbox One Won First Round Of Sales Against PS4 In Australia
- IGN: Xbox One Hard Drive Maxes Out At 362GBs
- Nintendo Updates 3DS With Miiverse Among Others
- Fallout 4 Website Creator Hoped His Stunt Would Force Bethesda To Reveal Their Hand
- BioWare Hopes To Share More Mass Effect Details In 2014
- Follow: subscription, videos, xbox 360, xbox live,
- Seen at: majornelson