Both Verizon and Microsoft have come to an agreement to introduce a new FiOS TV-powered entertainment experience that will be happening on an Xbox 360 sometime down the road. This particular alliance will see a Verizon-developed software application, FiOS TV and Internet customers who incidentally are also Xbox LIVE Gold members can enjoy popular live TV channels via their Xbox 360 consoles without the need for any additional hardware.
Come this holiday season, Verizon will deliver a selection of popular live TV channels to Xbox 360, aiming to be a leader in delivering live, multichannel streaming HD TV, integrated with Kinect, via the Xbox.
Your home console from Microsoft has just gotten far more formidable than ever before, being an entertainment powerhouse that might just see you spend far more time at home than at the movies. [Press Release]
Next Story: Hungry? Let PR2 serve you a Subway sandwich
- GoPro Xbox One Channel Launching This Spring
- Flixster App Launched On Xbox 360 With Support For UltraViolet Videos
- YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- Xbox 360 Netflix App Unlocked This Weekend For Xbox Silver Members
- EPIX Coming To PS3 Q1 2013; PS Vita App Launching Spring 2013