If you’re shopping for a tablet with an IPS display, ViewSonic’s Viewpad 10e could just be what you’re looking for, even more so if you’re on a budget and you’re unwilling to drop a lot of money on bigger brands like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 or the Motorola Xoom.
The ViewSonic Viewpad 10e will feature a 9.7” IPS display with a resolution of 1024×768, a 1GHz processor under the hood with 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot and a 1.3MP front-facing camera. Unfortunately there does not appear to be a camera in the back, but if ViewSonic is following in the footsteps of the Archos G9 tablet, the lack of a rear-facing camera was probably done to keep the costs down. It will also be running on Android’s Gingerbread 2.3.
While pricing remains unknown, ViewSonic has said that the European market can expect it in time for Christmas at a “value orientated price point”, with North American markets expected to follow shortly after.
- 2014-02-16 Dual-Booting ViewSonic ViewPad 10i Now Available For $530
- 2013-10-28 ViewSonic Announces 24" VSD241 Smart Display
- 2013-07-23 ViewSonic Debuts 10-Point Windows 8 Certified Touch TD40 Display Series
- 2013-06-03 Jelly Bean Figures Catch Up With Gingerbread
- 2013-03-19 ViewSonic PJD8 Series Projectors Deliver Dual Pen Interactivity and Advanced Connectivity Technology
- 2013-01-23 ViewSonic Projector Range Gets Updated With Networkable Models
- 2011-10-24 ViewSonic ViewPad 7e available end of the month for $200
- 2011-08-26 ViewSonic to unveil budget ViewPad 7e tablet at IFA?
- 2011-08-16 ViewSonic ViewPad 10pro is official
- 2011-02-07 Android 2.4 to arrive in April?