If you’re shopping for a tablet with an IPS display, ViewSonic’s Viewpad 10e could just be what you’re looking for, even more so if you’re on a budget and you’re unwilling to drop a lot of money on bigger brands like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 or the Motorola Xoom.
The ViewSonic Viewpad 10e will feature a 9.7” IPS display with a resolution of 1024×768, a 1GHz processor under the hood with 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot and a 1.3MP front-facing camera. Unfortunately there does not appear to be a camera in the back, but if ViewSonic is following in the footsteps of the Archos G9 tablet, the lack of a rear-facing camera was probably done to keep the costs down. It will also be running on Android’s Gingerbread 2.3.
While pricing remains unknown, ViewSonic has said that the European market can expect it in time for Christmas at a “value orientated price point”, with North American markets expected to follow shortly after.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- Follow: Android, gingerbread, viewsonic,
- Seen at: pocket-lint