Much like rumors of a PlayStation 4, there are murmurings of a possible Xbox 720 (which seems to be the logical step up in name from the Xbox 360). However if you were hoping that since Microsoft did not make an announcement at E3 this year regarding the successor to the Xbox 360, that they might be making one next year during E3 2012. If that’s what you were hoping, you could be in for a disappointment as rumors have it that Microsoft is most probably looking at a 2013 release.
These reports are pointing at processor chip manufacturers who are working with Microsoft to get the console released by 2013’s holiday season. Also there have been various signs that indicate that an Xbox 720 is in the works, despite Microsoft stating that the Xbox 360 is considered the “Xbox 720” to them.
For example Lionhead is reportedly working on a project that has been code named “Fable Next”, which is said to launch on a “new console”, along with Epic Games’ new Unreal Engine that looks like it could be released before its original 2014. If these rumors are to be believed, it looks like current Xbox 360 owners still have a good couple of years left to enjoy their console.RELATED
- Fallout 4 Could Be In The Works, According To Leaked Casting Call Documents
- Mario Kart 8 And Super Smash Bros. Pegged For Spring 2014
- Mysterious Fallout Website Releases Another Coded Message
- Upcoming GTA 5 DLC Could Feature Casinos, Dirt Racing, And Shark Shooting [Rumor]
- Possible Super Smash Bros. Release Date Hinted By GameStop
- Follow: Microsoft, xbox 360, xbox 720,
- Seen at: gamezone