Ever heard of Yandex before? Neither have I prior to writing this post, but at least now we both know that Yandex is a search engine in Russia with an extremely minimalist home page. South Korean consumer electronics player Samsung has inked a deal with Yandex, where their strategic partnership in the CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) countries will see Yandex’s TV widget being incorporated into Samsung Smart TVs, while such services will also hit bada 2.0-powered smartphones from Samsung down the road.
I don’t suppose that this bit of news is going to resonate with the rest of the world outside of CIS, but there are still a considerable number of people living there, so for Yandex to further extend their influence in the living room as well as mobile devices would be a boon for the company.
The widget for Samsung’s Smart TV will deliver access to all services available on Yandex’s front page, ranging from Yandex.Traffic, Yandex.Afisha, Yandex.News and Yandex.TV. [Press Release]
Next Story: Steve Jobs portrait from Post It notes
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2013-12-23 Samsung 2014 Smart TVs Will Get Enhanced Features
- 2013-04-19 Samsung Evolution Kit To Transform Smart TV Experience in South Korea
- 2013-03-20 Samsung Evolution Kit Upgrades Your 2012 Smart TV In May For $300
- 2013-01-28 Samsung Smart TV, Blu-ray Verizon FiOS TV App Updated With 75 Live Channels