Last week we’ve had a lot of contradicting reports about the Zune player being killed off – first it was silently announced on the Zune website, then the announcement was removed and @ZuneSupport tweeted that it could have been an error – today we’ve got another update but this time it’s concrete, and the Zune has finally been killed off for good.
The Zune website now has the message about Zune being discontinued again, and the Microsoft Store now shows the device as out of stock. In addition, the latest official Windows Phone Radio podcast (episode 45) includes confirmation that the Zune HD is no more (around 12:40 in). The same rules apply as before (support for the Zune is still around, just that Microsoft won’t be producing anymore units to sell, so if you see one in the stores, grab it before it’s extinct!).
Looks like it’s the final nail in the coffin for Zune players – unless of course, Microsoft changes its mind yet again.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Beats Music Streaming Service U.S. Launch Is Next Month
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- ROCKI WiFi Music System Lets Any Speaker Playback Wirelessly
- Follow: Microsoft, zune, zune hd,
- Seen at: neowin.net