Travelers on the go probably have multiple device that could use a wireless internet connection, such as tablets, smartphones and laptops. Unfortunately sometimes not all hotels or locations provide free WiFi, sometimes providing users with a single LAN cable to connect their laptop, leaving smartphones and tablets out of the picture. If you’re such a traveler and you require all your devices to be connected, ZyXEL has announced their MWR102 router, which they’re touting as “post-it sized”.
We’re guessing based on its size claims that it’s meant to be a portable wireless router, allowing travelers to slip it into jacket pockets and brief cases without any unsightly bulges or cables dangling. It would still require a wired connection, so don’t get any ideas that the device itself would provide wireless internet for you wherever you go. Its size and the fact that it is USB powered means that you should be able to bring this with you without worrying about the need for a pocket source. It is expected to go on sale 27th October for $39.99.
- 2013-05-17 Palm-Sized Portable Iron Runs On USB, AA Batteries To Deliver Wrinkle-Free Clothes
- 2011-12-09 Brookstone's docking station for the iPad is portable
- 2011-12-05 Vibroy Portable Vibrating Speakers turns daily objects into amplifiers
- 2011-11-11 Intelligent Fingerprinting introduces first portable fingerprint drug testing device
- 2011-03-22 Toshiba Mobile Monitor is USB-powered
- 2011-03-11 WiFi hotspot function coming to BlackBerry OS 6.1
- 2011-03-09 Free WiFi hotspots outnumber paid WiFi hotspots in the US
- 2011-02-14 Lookee TV gives you free access to over 1,000 TV channels and 30,000 radio stations
- 2010-12-13 Gogo, SkyMall Make It Easy to Shop In-Flight with Free WiFi Store Access