So we reported earlier that RIM was planning to keep making keyboard phones that have been their trademark, and now thanks to RIM’s senior vice president of industrial design, Todd Wood, we now know that next year’s Blackberry devices will be “charming, whimsical and fun”, although we have to admit that’s rather hard to imagine given how all Blackberry devices give off a rather subdued and businesslike look.
It seems that RIM is following some sort of theme here, claiming that this year’s design of their smartphones was influenced by the Bellagio in Italy, which inspired the “fretted” keyboard on the Bold 9930 and the Bold 9790. So what can we expect from next year’s design? Well, apart from being “charming, whimsical and fun”, a design workshop will be held in Malmo, Sweden. It will be interesting to see what RIM comes up with next year.
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2011-12-22 BlackBerry 10 rumors "inaccurate and uninformed"
- 2011-12-22 BlackBerry 10 rumored to be a disaster
- 2011-12-07 BlackBerry Milan render leaked?
- 2011-12-05 BBX BlackBerry 2012 roadmap rumored
- 2011-11-30 RIM's BBX smartphone to be renamed to the "Surfboard"