One of the “perks” that Android has over iOS is its ability to run Flash, so much so that the inclusion of Adobe’s Flash Player is more or less expected on Android. Oddly enough that does not seem to be the case with Google’s latest Android build – Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.
Those who have gotten their hands on the Galaxy Nexus have probably realized this by now, but for those yet to get the Galaxy Nexus or have yet to realize, the device does not come preinstalled with Adobe’s Flash Player as per usual. The reason behind this according to Google is because they are waiting for Adobe to update its software for Ice Cream Sandwich.
This has yet to happen and with Adobe’s announcement that they will cease to support Flash for mobile, we’ll have to wonder if and when this will be happening. It seems that a statement issued by Google has said that Adobe will be supporting Flash for ICS, but until that happens it looks like Galaxy Nexus owners and ICS ROMs will be Flash-less for now.RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: adobe, Android, flash player, Google, ice cream sandwich 4.0,
- Seen at: gottabemobile