A couple of months ago, Verizon started to roll out the Gingerbread 2.3 update for the HTC Droid Incredible. However due to varying reports that the update was full of bugs, the carrier quickly pulled the update and there has been no word since, at least until now. Users are reporting that they have started receiving notifications that are reminding them about the update, so it looks like HTC managed to sort out the bugs in the update and are finally rolling it out.
The update will be rolled out in stages and HTC has confirmed the update, so don’t worry if you have yet to receive the notification informing you of the update. For those curious, this update will bring your software version build number to 4.08.605.3. We’re assuming that HTC managed to iron out the bugs, and at the moment there doesn’t seem to be any reports of users experiencing major issues with the update yet, which is always a good thing.
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2011-10-17: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update returning soon
- 2011-09-30: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update suspended temporarily
- 2011-09-26: Nexus One gets Android Gingerbread 2.3.6 update
- 2011-08-31: HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible to receive Gingerbread in September? (updated)
- 2011-08-17: New Android Gingerbread update for Thunderbolt leaked