Yup, it looks like it’s official, Apple has recently updated their Apple Store app to version 2.0, and together with the update it will be bringing EasyPay and Personal Pickup, both features which we’ve covered before in the past. For those who forgot or who may have not heard, EasyPay is a feature that allows users to pay for certain products in Apple’s retail store via their iTunes App Store account, which is linked to their credit card where they will receive a receipt via email which they can use to show as proof of purchase.
EasyPay will be limited to the cheaper items in Apple’s retail stores that don’t require a sales rep to get from the back room for you, i.e. accessories, casings, headphones, etc. Personal Pickup is another feature that came along with the update of the Apple Store app, where you can request for an item through the app, and then pick it up from the store yourself where it will be ready within 12 minutes.
They are pretty handy features which no doubt will save Apple shoppers a lot of time, so if this is something you’d like to have, version 2.0 of the Apple Store app is now available from the iTunes App Store for download.
Next Story: Swype arriving on the Nokia Store soon
- 2014-03-13: Apple Launches "Sharing Selfies" Section On iTunes App Store
- 2014-01-09: Apple Opens 10th Retail Store In Mainland China Tomorrow
- 2013-12-23: Thieves Rob Apple Store In Berlin, Crash Car Into Front Door
- 2013-12-04: Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- 2013-12-01: Apple Stores Feature Red Colored Logo For World AIDS Day
- 2013-11-24: Tim Cook Decides Against Opening Apple Retail Stores On Thanksgiving
- 2013-11-20: Apple Store App For iPad Revealed At Last
- 2013-09-20: Apple Launches Kids Section In iTunes App Store
- 2013-05-10: iTunes App For Windows 8 Not Arriving Anytime Soon
- 2013-03-26: UK Cop Reports Son For Fraud After Apple Refuses To Refund In App Purchases