By now, you probably know that Apple wants to enter the multi-billion dollars TV market, and Steve Job himself thought that he had “finally cracked it”, meaning that he believed to have found how to make the TV user experience much better than what we know today. We previously reported that such a TV may be powered by Siri, the digital assistant currently present in the iPhone 4S. This has now practically a fact.
A recent article in the NYT goes a bit further and after asking anonymous sources inside Apple, a larger image started to appear: Apple is still working hard on the product, and has been doing so for years already – but the mythical Apple TV may appear in soon as 2013 as Apple may finally be ready in terms of technology, cost and quality. Nick Bilton/NYT concludes his article by saying that it’s just “a matter of time” now.
What’s your take? Would you like to control your TV by voice? What do you want from your next TV?
Next Story: Sony Ericsson Xperia arc HD in the works?
- 2014-01-16: Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17: Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11: Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08: Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2013-03-27: Apple Sued For Patent Infringement With Siri
- 2012-10-30: Siri dishes out prostitute advice in China no longer
- 2012-09-24: Siri shows incorrect weather forecasts for New Yorkers
- 2012-09-11: Adam Cheyer, Siri’s co-creator bids Apple adieu
- 2011-10-27: Apple's TV could be powered by Siri