Gaming is big business – just the recent releases of Battlefield and Call of Duty did manage to splice gamers down the middle in terms of devoting their time between those FPS titles, not to mention Skyrim also helping others kiss goodbye to their social life after work. Well, Gameloft has teamed up with Archos to deliver new high definition titles for the Archos G9 tablet range – where among the titles made available are Asphalt 6: Adrenaline and Spider-Man: Total Mayhem which will come pre-installed to deliver a console-like gaming experience regardless of where you are. Now, the claim “console-like” will most probably refer to its graphics, I don’t think the gameplay on a touchscreen device will ever be able to measure up to that of a physical controller if it involves a D-pad and some button mashing.
At least Archos’ G9 tablets will be able to deliver improved 3D graphics, not to mention Texas Instrument processing chips which deliver enhanced speed, performance and real-time game play. For those who are curious, Asphalt 6 : Adrenaline will arrive on the Android Market sometime next month. Will you get the Archos G9 just for the sake of a couple of free games?
- 2014-02-26: Archos CEO Accidentally Kills Phone During Demonstration
- 2014-02-20: Archos 50c Oxygen & 64 Xenon Smartphones Announced
- 2014-02-20: Archos 40b Titanium Is Aimed At The Music Lover
- 2014-02-20: Archos 80 Helium 4G Tablet Unveiled
- 2014-02-02: Archos Neon Trio Of Tablets Unveiled
- 2012-10-03: Archos' new affordable e-reader runs on Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2011-11-16: Archos Arnova 9 G2 tablet announced
- 2011-09-15: ARCHOS 80 G9 8GB tablet available next week
- 2011-08-10: Archos ARNOVA 7 tablet updated
- 2011-08-08: Archos G9 Android tablet has a massive hard disk