Remember the ASUS Padfone that was introduced earlier this year? The Android phone from ASUS that could plug into a 10″ display to turn it into a tablet? Well we weren’t given a specific date about the tablet-phone combo’s launch but according to the folks at DigiTimes, we’ll be seeing it go on sale in February 2012. There’s still no word on pricing or whether you’ll be able to purchase the phone separately but we should find out in due time.
In addition to rumors about the Padfone’s release date, there’s also been talk about ASUS releasing a smaller version of the Eee Pad Transformer tablet – a 7″ version to be exact. While the idea of a matching 7″ keyboard seems tiny (compared to the 10″ version for the regular Transformer), we’ll just have to wait and see. After all, it is possible that ASUS could be just working on a standalone 7″ tablet with no dock. ASUS is expected to reveal these devices during the CES 2012 show in January next year.
Next Story: Microsoft Kinect Holiday Bundle announced
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2012-05-18: Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich fix
- 2012-05-11: Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101 gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OTA update
- 2012-01-09: ASUS Padfone shown off on video
- 2011-11-21: ASUS Padfone Specs spotted on GLBenchmarks
- 2011-08-12: ASUS Padfone delayed because of Ice Cream Sandwich