Can’t wait to get your hands on the ASUS Transformer Prime? Well, the release date for the US has been speculated on heavily, with some estimates in November, while some putting it in a mid-late December release. However now it seems that thanks to an ASUS spokesperson, the official release date for the quad-core Transformer Prime tablet is set
at the 8th of December for the week of Dec 19th for the US market.
Those living in Taiwan will be getting their hands on it earlier on the 1st of December. Europe will still have to wait until January of 2012 before they get their hands on the device. So for those wondering why we are so excited about this tablet, well for starters it will be the first tablet in the world to run on NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 quad-core processor that has been clocked at 1.3GHz.
It will also come with 1GB of RAM, 32/64GB internal storage, an 8MP rear-facing camera that is capable of 1080p Full HD video recording, a 1.2MP front-facing camera and Android’s Honeycomb 3.2 on board with the promise of an update to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 some time in the future.
Update - As it turns out, the 8th of December proved to be the wrong date. In the video below you will see that the official launch of the device will be on the 19th of December.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2011-12-05: ASUS Padfone to come shipped with NVIDIA's Tegra 3 instead
- 2011-11-22: ASUS Transformer Prime now up for pre-order
- 2011-11-18: Lenovo LePad K2 NVIDIA Tegra 3 tablet gets benchmarked
- 2011-11-11: ASUS Transformer Prime gets the hands-on treatment
- 2011-10-19: ASUS Transformer teaser movie released