NVIDIA has just released this video of the Asus Transformer Prime running with Ice Cream Sandwich, aka ICS, aka Android 4.0. The video shows ICS on the Tegra 3 powered tablet, with all the new Android 4.0 transitions running very smoothly. The folder feature is also visible in the video. If you have missed it, it works like iOS: drag one icon on top of another, and a folder is automatically created. That’s very handy to group apps together and avoids a trip to the app list.The video also shows the Asus Transformer Prime running a 1080p video. Tegra 2 was only capable of playing back 5Mbps videos. However, Tegra 3 can play 40Mbps-60Mbps streams without any issues, says NVIDIA, and this is Blu-Ray quality right there.
The final demo was the Tegra 3 version of the “Riptide” game. The water effect is much (much!) better than it was on the current generation of tablets, and there are full screen effects like motion blur as well. All in all, this is the same content that we mentioned in our Asus Transformer Prime preview, except that you can see it with your own eyes now. The Asus Transformer Prime is set to hit the market Next month, and it will be the first Tegra 3 device.
Update: read our complete review of the Transformer Prime
Next Story: Chrono Trigger coming to iOS in December
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2012-03-28: ASUS Transformer Prime giveaway: last call!
- 2012-01-09: Asus tablet demonstrates Tegra 3, Transformer Prime gets ICS update
- 2011-11-30: ASUS Transformer Prime gets official release date for 8th of December (Updated)
- 2011-11-22: ASUS Transformer Prime now up for pre-order
- 2011-10-19: ASUS Transformer teaser movie released