We’re all expecting the ASUS Transformer Prime to be officially launched tomorrow ever since Jonney Shih, Chairman of ASUS, announced at AsiaD that November 9th would be the date of its formal announcement. Well, we’re now a day away from the launch and DigiTimes has reported that the launch is going to be postponed until December. The reason for the delay? Apparently they want the tablet to ship with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as opposed to shipping it with Honeycomb and then providing the update later.
At the moment we can’t confirm if this is true, but it seems pretty unlikely since ASUS hasn’t officially mentioned anything about the tablet’s launch being delayed. We’ve reached out for confirmation, but haven’t gotten a reply yet. Stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted. How do you feel about a delay? Will the one month long delay be worth the wait for the Ice Cream Sandwich update?
Update: read our complete review of the Transformer PrimeRELATED
- HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition Tablet Is Now Official
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- LG V510 Is A Google Play Edition LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos iOS App Gets Native iPad And Video Upload Support
- Follow: Android, asus, quad core, Tablet, Tegra 3, transformer, transformer 2, Transformer Prime,
- Seen at: digitimes