We’re all expecting the ASUS Transformer Prime to be officially launched tomorrow ever since Jonney Shih, Chairman of ASUS, announced at AsiaD that November 9th would be the date of its formal announcement. Well, we’re now a day away from the launch and DigiTimes has reported that the launch is going to be postponed until December. The reason for the delay? Apparently they want the tablet to ship with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as opposed to shipping it with Honeycomb and then providing the update later.
At the moment we can’t confirm if this is true, but it seems pretty unlikely since ASUS hasn’t officially mentioned anything about the tablet’s launch being delayed. We’ve reached out for confirmation, but haven’t gotten a reply yet. Stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted. How do you feel about a delay? Will the one month long delay be worth the wait for the Ice Cream Sandwich update?
Update: read our complete review of the Transformer Prime
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2011-11-11: ASUS Transformer Prime gets the hands-on treatment
- 2011-11-07: ASUS Transformer Prime to ship a few weeks after launch?
- 2011-11-04: ASUS Transformer Prime spotted in benchmark tests
- 2011-10-19: ASUS Transformer 2 mentioned at AsiaD
- 2011-10-19: ASUS Transformer teaser movie released