For those of you who are thinking about picking up the upcoming ASUS Transformer Prime, quad-core Android tablet, you might not have to wait too long to pick it up. According to rumors online, the ASUS Transformer Prime is expected to be released just a few weeks after its launch on November 9th. Apparently the company is trying to follow in Apple’s footsteps in terms of tactics, and they want to reduce the waiting time from product announcement to its arrival in retail outlets. With the tablet already appearing in benchmark tests, it doesn’t seem too hard to believe.
The tablet is said to also be a US priority product, which means it will be released in the US before the rest of the world. No word on how true these rumors are, but if they turn out to be accurate, it’s going to be great for consumers (nobody loves waiting), though it makes you wonder why ASUS didn’t follow this philosophy with its previously announced devices like the Padfone that was introduced quite awhile ago. Regardless, the 9th is only a couple of days away, so we won’t have to wait too long to find out more about the tablet and its eventual launch.
Update: read our complete review of the Transformer Prime
Next Story: HP thinking about selling webOS?
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2011-11-11: ASUS Transformer Prime gets the hands-on treatment
- 2011-11-08: ASUS Transformer Prime launch to be delayed?
- 2011-11-04: ASUS Transformer Prime spotted in benchmark tests
- 2011-10-19: ASUS Transformer 2 mentioned at AsiaD
- 2011-10-19: ASUS Transformer teaser movie released