Good news AT&T subscribers, if you were looking forward to more affordable Android offerings, the carrier has recently tweeted that they would be offering three new Android handsets come 20th of November in the form of the Pantech Pocket, Samsung Doubletime and Captivate Glide.
These aren’t the top of the line devices (save for the Captivate Glide), but like we said if you’re shopping on a budget and you’re just looking for a smartphone for the basic features, these devices will probably get the job done. First up will be the Pantech Pocket, which is a squarish sort of device that sports a 4” 800×600 display, a 5MP camera with HSPA and WiFi connectivity, with Android’s Gingerbread 2.3 on board.
Next will be the Samsung Doubletime, which sports a flip-open keyboard that will be a welcome feature for those who love texting. It will also sport dual LCD displays, one in the front and one when you flip the device open. It will feature a 3.2MP camera but unfortunately it appears to run on Android Froyo 2.2.
Last but not least is the Samsung Captivate Glide, which by all accounts appears to be the Samsung Galaxy S2 with a slideout keyboard. This means we can expect a 4” 480×800 Super AMOLED display, a 1GHz dual-core processor, 8GB of internal storage, an 8MP camera capable of 720p HD video recording and Android Gingerbread 2.3 on board. No word on how much these devices will cost, but we expect more details to be revealed when the 20th of November is approaching.
Next Story: Stiletto heel implants concept
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2012-01-10: Samsung Captivate (finally) gets Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 2011-11-11: LG Nitro HD photo revealed, headed to AT&T
- 2011-10-31: LTE capable Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket arrives on AT&T
- 2011-10-13: Firmware update for AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S2 leaked
- 2011-09-07: Huawei Impulse 4G announced by AT&T