Subscribers on AT&T’s network that travel often and require to make a lot of calls while overseas will soon find their bills a lot less lighter. This is thanks to an app by AT&T that allows for VoIP calls, although technically we guess that this app could be used by non-AT&T subscribers as well as long as they have a valid credit card.
The cost of the calls are billed directly to the credit card instead of the user’s AT&T account, which like we said could technically be used by anyone. The app relies on WiFi connections to connect the VoIP calls, which means that you will require a WiFi connection if you wish to take advantage of the cheaper rates that AT&T is offering via the app.
The app is available for iOS, Android and Blackberry devices, although given that it requires a WiFi connection, we’re not sure what’s stopping users from using an alternative app like Viber or Skype to make their calls instead. Either way if you’d like to get your hands on the app, head on down to your respective app stores today.RELATED
- T-Mobile Galaxy S3 LTE Receives Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- FCC And U.S. Carriers Nearing New Cellphone Unlocking Policy
- Microsoft Reportedly Offers Samsung $1 Billion If It Continues To Make Windows Phone Devices
- Sprint Moto X To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- Apple Expected To Sell 175 Million iPhones In Fiscal 2014
- Follow: Android, app, at&t, blackberry, iOS, voip, wifi,
- Seen at: mobileburn